The Top 10 Best Peter Steele Quotes
Posted by Posh Goth on
Type O Negative at the Columbiahalle (Berlin)
(Posh Goth) Nine years ago today, the music world lost a legend.
Peter Steele was born Peter Thomas Ratajczyk on January 4, 1962 in Brooklyn, NY. He was the youngest of 6 children, having had 5 older sisters come before him.
His father was a World War II veteran.
In 1979, Peter founded the band Fallout. Upon disintegration of that band in 1982, he went on to found the thrash metal outfit Carnivore. Carnivore split up in 1987.
In 1989, Steele - having still been under contract with Roadrunner Records to produce albums - formed the gothic metal band Type O Negative with childhood pals Josh Silver, Kenny Hickey, and Sal Abruscato.
Type O Negative quickly went on to become a Platinum selling band with the release of 1993's Bloody Kisses. The follow up, October Rust, went Gold.
On April 14, 2010 Peter Steele passed away suddenly - leaving his band mates, family, friends, and fans devastated.
Peter Steele, however, left his mark on the world. We remember his quick-witted humor. We've memorized his poetic lyrics of romance and depression. And we've most certainly related to his self-deprecating sense of humor.
Posh Goth has scoured the internet for the best Peter Steele quotes to remember him by, and the internet did not disappoint. Without further ado, here are the top 10 best Peter Steele Quotes:
Top 10 Best Peter Steele Quotes
- "Every band that I've been in has never been in tune." - Interview, 2003
- "If it doesn't upset people, it's not rock music. It has to upset the church, it has to upset your parents, it has to upset the school system." - Der List
"Success is defined by two things: One is how many people hate you. The second is if you had sex with Madonna. I'm only halfway there, but a lot of people hate me." - Interview, 1997
- "There are no atheists in foxholes, they say, and I was a foxhole atheist for a long time. But after going through a midlife crisis and having many things change very quickly, it made me realize my mortality. And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God." - Decibel Magazine, April 2007
"I think anyone who has an opinion, and voices it, will offend someone."
"Reverb drowns out all the errors. What people think is Goth and genius and depth is just layers of mistakes." - Interview, 1996
- "I'm the product of 6 million years of evolution? Come on, man. I crawled out of a swamp yesterday. "
- "I want to stay away from politics, or else I'll probably end up putting my size fifteen foot into my mouth."
- "I think all recent music sucks, and that includes Type O Negative."
- "So I don't cry anymore, I just beat people up. It's a lot more fun."
RIP you hilarious bastard.
Share this post
Yes I love him! My fav band forever!